At World Platinum Investment Council Ltd ("we", "us" or "our"), we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which we may use or otherwise process any personal information about you that you provide to us, or that we collect about you, through our website www.platinuminvestment.com (the "Site") or personal information we otherwise collect or receive. Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. By visiting the Site or giving us your personal data you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. We are the controller of the personal data we collect.
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us: You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on the Site, or by email or in another way, for example to ask us to send you further information about us, platinum and/or platinum-related investments or other products or to contact you.
- Information we collect about your visit: When you visit the Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- information about your visit, including regarding the pages you visit and your navigation around and away from the Site; and
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Other information: We may obtain personal information in other ways, for example during contract negotiations with you or at meetings, conferences or trade shows or from third parties who have the legal right to pass on to us personal information.
- Information we do not collect: We do not collect or process special categories of personal data such as information about your ethnicity, beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, or your health, genetic or biometric data. Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Legal basis for processing
We hold and process personal data on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- you have given your consent to us using your information as described in this notice;
- it is necessary to perform a contract between us or to take steps which you requested us to take before entering into a contract;
- it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- it is necessary for the purposes of understanding visitors to our website which is in our legitimate interests.
Use of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give us: If we collect information from you directly through the Site or from you, we will make clear at the point of collection the purposes for which we will use your information – typically, to subscribe you to a newsletter or mailing list or send you other specific information.
- Information we collect about your visit: We use this information purely for statistical purposes, to administer and improve the Site, ensure security and review and focus our activities. We will not seek to connect any of this information to you as an individual unless, in exceptional circumstances, we are required or requested to do so by law or a competent law enforcement agency.
Disclosure of your information
We will not disclose your information to anyone except:
- to our affiliates and service providers assisting us in the operation or development of our business activities, including the Site or the despatch of requested materials to you;
- to a person who takes over the operation of our business from us; or
- in exceptional circumstances or where we are required or requested to do so by law or a competent law enforcement agency.
Where we store your information
We may transfer your information to, and store it at, locations outside the European Economic Area. This may include transfer to countries which do not have data protection laws as strict as those in the UK, where we are based. Where we do transfer to such states we shall only do so in accordance with the EU Commission approved Model Clauses or other safeguards deemed adequate by the EU Commission or UK Information Commissioners Office.
We will only retain your information for as long as necessary. We will then either securely delete it or anonymise it so that it cannot be linked back to you.
Transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will store it on secure servers and use appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect it. We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
You have the right to opt-out of receiving our newsletter or any marketing materials at any time.
Where we have asked for your consent to process information, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time by notifying us.
You may have the right under applicable data protection law to: 1) ask for a copy of your personal information that we hold, 2) to correct it, 3) to erase certain categories or types of information, 4) to restrict certain processing, 5) to obtain the information you provide in a structured, machine readable format and 6) to transfer some of this information to other organisations. Conditions may apply or limit the scope of these rights.
You may have the right to object to the processing of personal information on the basis of our legitimate interests, though we may disagree in which case we will notify you of our reason for disagreeing.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us at [email protected].
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following kinds of cookie:
- "Strictly necessary" cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site.
- Analytical/performance cookies: These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.